At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Role description & Responsibilities:
An Automation Technician Team Supervisor (TTS) is responsible for leading a team to troubleshoot, repair, modify and maintain of a variety of Allen Bradley PLC's, VFD's and other control systems. The technician is required to perform tasks like software control, trouble shooting PLC's, replacing components, programming PLC's, Programming HMI's. The technician will assist with development of TPM practices to minimize downtime and increase reliability on plant equipment including CNC machines, auto claves, overhead bridge cranes, various PLC controlled systems, etc. An Automation technician also performs test readings using several different instruments, including Analog signal testers, Power monitors, oscilloscopes, signal generators and digital multimeters. Qualifications :Basic Requirements:
- 10+ years working in industry as an electronic technician
- Valid driver license
- Working on equipment, including climbing ladders to access equipment on roofs in all weather, using man lifts and scissor lifts when necessary
- Associates Degree or equivalent training in Electronics Technology
- Must be able to understand and follow electrical schematics proficiently without supervision
- Familiar with machine control systems
- Familiar with AC/DC drives and servo systems
- Ability to troubleshoot (complex) machine control systems including PLCs
- Experience working with 480 Volt / 3 phase equipment
- Retrofit obsolete components and systems including controls
- Familiarity of NDT systems, CNC machines, process/instrumentation controls, camera systems and fire alarm systems
- Knowledge and experience using oscilloscopes and various high voltage measurement test equipment preferred but not required.
- Ability to interpret PLC logic as it relates to its application to process equipment for troubleshooting purposes.
Posting ID: 556639019Posted: 2020-05-21