Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global
security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Project Manager 2, Information Technology to serve as the primary interface to the government counterpart and manage customer relationships by providing outstanding communication, minimizing mission risk, identifying and resolving issues. The qualified applicant will become part of Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) program in the Civil Solutions Defense Business Unit. This position is located in Lorton, Springfield, or Falls Church, Virginia.
- Ensure transparent communication between Northrop Grumman and Government counterpart.
- Provide daily direction to Agile project team (employee and subcontractor staff).
- Ensure management artifacts (e.g., Jira) are maintained and up to date.
- Implement appropriate processes and ensure compliance to meet software quality and acceptability standards.
- Provide status reports and briefs regarding progress against project objectives.
- Manage production incidents to successful resolution.
- Provide oversight for multiple teams and monitor 15-25 employees.
- Mentor employees and provide guidance toward building rewarding professional careers.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of relevant experience, or Master's degree and 4 years of relevant experience, or PhD and 2 years of relevant experience, or High School Diploma and 10 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of experience in a leadership role (team lead, supervisor, manager) in the software development domain.
- 5 years of experience mentoring employees.
- 5 years of customer relations experience resulting in sustained customer satisfaction.
- 5 years of experience discussing innovative technical and business solutions with senior management and customers.
- US Citizenship to obtain and maintain the required clearance.
- Ability to obtain a CBP Background Investigation prior to start.
- Knowledge of SAFe Agile practices and tools; Certification in Agile delivery (e.g., CSPO, PMI-ACP, SPS, SAFe Agilist).
- Experience deploying and maintaining national-security applications in a 24/7 environment.
- Current CBP background investigation or Top Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556639021Posted: 2020-05-21