At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery.
Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization,
Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values
that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our
people- who make everything we do possible.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to
customers around the world. We push the boundaries of innovation, and drive advances in various sciences. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures. Come be a part of our mission!
The ACS team at Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principle
Financial Analyst based out of Clearfield Utah.
What You'll get to Do:
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assist in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Prepare program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
- Perform schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Perform Earned Value Management (EVM) tasks, Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR), customer EVM reporting, set up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Work with Control Account Managers on Variance Analysis, ETC updates as well as planning the work effectively and on time.
- Setting up, preparing and following up with all required financial reports.
- Effectively, communicate with leadership and customers regarding financial status, metrics and deliverables.
- Establishing a budget/EAC, preparing reports for programs.
- Perform monthly and quarterly Estimates at Complete (EACs).
- Prepares and updates ETC, Baselines, Task Description and Basis of Estimate (TD/BOE), and establishes Performance
- Measurement reporting/customer reporting requirements
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Set up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Perform program financial analyses and provides both external and internal reporting (s) for Sector programs.
- Interface with program and functional management to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements.
- Participate in knowledge transfer and best practices sharing with Peers.
Create and provide the following to program management teams:
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Program baseline planning.
- Negotiation support
- Risk and opportunities assessment.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our
company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that
putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world. Qualifications :You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree + 6 years' related experience or Master's Degree + 4 years' related experience.
- Strong PC Skills required, minimum intermediate Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- Prior financial reporting and analysis experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a cross functional organization (i.e. Contracts, Program Management, Operations, Supply Chain, etc.) on a regular basis to obtain and share information.
- A current DOD Secret clearance updated within the last 6 years.
What We Can Offer You:
- Master's Degree
- Cobra experience
- Active DoD Clearance
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.