At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Administrative Assistant
restricted effort under the Strike Systems Division to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Job Description:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Provides direct support to multiple directors and level 3 managers.
- Performs office functions, including (but not limited to): setting up and maintaining files; arranging meetings and conferences; maintaining supplies; managing Outlook calendars; and receiving, referring or answering mail.
- Makes travel arrangements for international and domestic travel, prepares expense reports and maintains pertinent travel documentation.
- Reviews drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage; answers questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and executives, professionally representing the corporation and organization.
- Facilitates program meetings (all hands, lunch and learns, and customer visits).
- Collaborates with administrative professionals in related organizations, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Operates independently to meet requirements of leadership team and offers expertise to assist other functions within organization.
- Assists in maintaining organizations collaboration sites and activities.
- Assists events and activities of major organization initiatives.
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision while exercising good judgment, demonstrating flexibility and agility, prioritizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines, managing schedule conflicts and providing excellent follow through.
- Pro-active mindset, self-motivated, well organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and their assistants.
- High School Diploma with at least 4 years related experience
- DoD Secret security clearance (or ability to obtain and retain one)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), with the ability to manage multiple calendars, create and edit documents
- Experience with travel and expense reporting system (Concur or similar)
- Active DoD Secret Clearance and Special Program Access
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result
- Able to perform work in approved environment during specific work hours
- Budgeting, expense tracking and reporting
- Experience in SharePoint & iBuy*
- Experience with employee relations and/or Human Relations administration and/or recruiting
- AA or Bachelor's Degree and/or professional certification centric to administrative discipline
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556639044Posted: 2020-05-21