At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Princ Handling Engineer to support our Process Engineering team at our Promontory Utah Plant.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
• Accountable for design and use of complex handling equipment (Cranes, Forklifts, Transportation Equipment, Lifting Beams/Slings, etc.)
• Ability to interpret and perform stress analysis
• Provide leadership and expertise regarding handling systems
• Author handling related instructions
• Gathering, analyzing and reporting handling performance data across multiple work functions/area and make recommendations for improvement
• Chair handling review team activities, present findings and obtain management/customer approvals
• Provide training and annual qualifications for handling specialists and handling crew members
• Participate in and lead mishap investigations
• Be a change agent to raise expectations and improve our systems and environment.
• Perform special engineering assignments as requested by management
• Troubleshoot handling issues and bring to resolution
Skills & Qualifications
• Self-Starter that takes initiative to complete tasks and assignments with little supervision
• Good problem-solving skills and strong oral and written communication skills
• Good organization and multi-tasking skills
• Basic Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Interpreting blue prints, models, and specifications
• Experience with NX and modeling
• Experience writing shop planning (preferred)
• Strong inter-personal and Customer Service Skills
• Experience with rigging, bridge and mobile cranes a plus
• B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree with 5 years' experience with Bachelor degree or 3 years' experience with Master degree.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556639059Posted: 2020-05-21