Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Hardware Engineer for the C&L Operational Test Set (OTS) team. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The Hardware Engineer is responsible for integration and maturation of hardware design of a complex system for the OTS. Responsibilities include setup, assembly, configuration, integration, and management for OTS hardware. Developing and maturing design documents and drawings. Participate in test and verification planning. Implement design updates and configuration changes to support testing. Work closely with other segment product teams to develop an integrated solution. Perform trades to justify decisions feeding the design. Interface with vendor teams for hardware acquisition and technical information needed for operational system.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSD_Jobs Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Science degree with 5 Years of experience; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD; OR 4 years of additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of hardware design
- Experience with ground station design and/or military weapon systems
- Ability to produce engineering documentation
- Basic understanding of engineering lifecycle processes
- Excellent communications and teamwork skills
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Security+ Certification
- Software and/or Hardware testing experience.
- Experience with Client/Server architecture.
- Agile experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.