This position can be filled at either the Principal Engineer (level 3) or Sr Principal Engineer (level 4).
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Design and analysis of communications systems for satellite and interplanetary applications. Familiar with analyses such as link budgets, gain/loss budgets, noise figure, linearity, spurious, etc.
- Requirements flow-down from top-level customer document to component-level specification.
- Cost account management for engineering portion of multi-year program, including cost and labor estimating, task scheduling and earned value tracking
- Prepare and present design reviews for internal and external customers
- Subcontractor management (some travel required) and manufacturing interface definition including performance specification, interface control drawing, and statement of work generation, as well as continuous technical support throughout the procurement life cycle
- Integration and test support for the communications systems including unit-level functional and environmental testing, spacecraft level testing, and in-orbit checkout
- Work with others from engineering and non-engineering disciplines in a fast-paced team environment.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Occasional 2nd or 3rd shift work and/or weekend work required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (or related field) with some combination of the following course work: antennas, microwave theory, satellite communications, radio-wave propagation, electromagnetics.
- Understanding of communications and microwave theory.
- U.S. citizen
- Active or current Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI
- Principal Engineer requires 5+ years of related experience. Sr. Principal Engineer requires 9+ years of related experience
- MSEE preferred.
- Hands-on experience with microwave component/system test a strong plus.
- Ability to work with others from engineering and non-engineering disciplines in a fast-paced team environment
- Good oral presentation skills and comfort with customer interaction.
- Ability to write technical documents clearly and concisely.
- Experience with microwave component/system measurement
- Active TS%5CSCI Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556639104Posted: 2020-05-21