At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to
the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Consulting Network Engineer based out of San Diego, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Responsible for designing networks from a big picture perspective. Determination of what is needed over the next three to five years. Will analyze business requirements to develop technology roadmaps that point to solutions and their frameworks, as well as performing network modeling, analysis, planning and budgeting. Will need to design efficient, cost-effective network infrastructures that meet the long-term business goals of Northrop Grumman, while also permitting the organization to meet its short-term goals and financial obligations.
- Bachelor's Degree with 20+ Years of experience; 18+ Years with Masters; 15+ Years with PhD
- Experience is required, for this position, in all or some of the following technologies/products/Specialty areas:
- Network Analysis to define network performance & resiliency requirement
- Cloud-based network solutions
- Experience with Model-Based Engineering Tools & Agile Development process
- Must have a current active DoD SECRET Clearance (or higher).
- MS or PhD with a technical degree and 15+ years of experience
- Candidate should have a strong network engineering background and/or relevant and applicable certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE).
- Experience with System Engineering process and Tools
- Experience with Security Solutions for networking (HAIPE Encryptors • Cross Domain Solutions • IPSec • mGRE/ DMVPN, RADIUS)
- Experience with Cisco Routers/Switches/Firewalls, Open Source Routing (Quagga/FRR), routing protocols (OSPF, OLSR, AODV...)
- Multicast IGMP • PIM • Quality of Service • DSCP/TOS • VRFs
- Network Modeling/Prototype Virtualization • CML/VIRL/GNS34
- Network STIGs • RMF Requirements Allocations/Decomposition
- Experience in Network Engineering for designing and implementing secure networks with Information Assurance requirements (Cyber Security for Information Assurance).
- Network and Cyber Requirements Systems Engineering
- NetOps/NOC design integrated with program CyberOps
- Extensive experience in Tactical Networks including Link16, CDL, TTNT, MADL to lead technology design in Cyber Security Information Assurance and DevSecOps process
- Extensive experience in Commercial Networks (cellular & computer networks infrastructure, Cloud-based solutions)
- Extensive experience in Software Defined Networking; Network Function Virtualization; Network Services including DNS, VoIP, Network Management Tools.
- Expert in Security Architecture design and Vulnerability Assessment for critical network infrastructure
- Business Development experience with strong technical/leadership skills to shape business strategy & drive technology decision
- Ability to identify key opportunities and assess risks
- Strong business relationships in industry and customer community
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to
diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.