Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.What you will get to do:
Support Equipment (SE) engineering utilizes a Systems Engineering approach to establish SE functional and performance requirements. SE engineering is involved in all phases of research and product lifecycle development starting with requirements, initial concepts, trade studies, early air vehicle design influence, design and development of the SE item, fabrication/procurement, engineering evaluation testing, verification, delivery of hardware, and support of delivered hardware. The candidate will have demonstrated use of advanced technical principles, theories and concepts and apply them to develop recommended solutions to unusually complex technical problems. Solutions are highly imaginative and ingenious and consistent with organization objectives. The candidate have demonstrated work under consultative direction toward predetermined long range goals and objectives. The candidate will act as an advisor to management and customers, mentor and train junior engineers. Frequent inter-organization and outside customer communication is required and the candidate represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with complex projects. Also includes identifying risks and opportunities and coordinates with project teams to mitigate and retire risks. Develops SE proposals to include reviewing & updating Supplier Statements of Work (SSOW), preparing Basis of Estimates (BOEs), performing technical evaluations on all supplier proposal submittals, and attending proposal related reviews. Evaluates issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives. Must be possess the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, including critical thinking and technical problem solving skills.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. GBSDJobsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelors of Science Degree OR higher in Engineering or other STEM-related field of study.
• 14 years of experience with a BS Degree, or 12 years of experience with a Master's, or 9 years of experience with a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or closely related technical discipline
• Active Secret clearance with investigation in the last 6 yearsPreferred Qualifications:
- Experience with SE requirements analysis, trade studies, SERD generation, design solutions, acquisition, test, and validation
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite - Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Experience in other Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) disciplines
- Proficient with 3D design / 2D drawing CAD in CATIA and/or NX
- Proficient with PDM and/or Teamcenter
- Hands on experience in equipment maintenance, fabrication, assembly, power, hand and measuring tools
- Military service experience with SE and aircraft maintenance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.