Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Modeling and Simulation Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.What you will get to do:
Modeling, Simulation & Analysis Engineer - Accuracy Lead. Lead the WS accuracy team in definition and development of WS accuracy MS&A working cross the IPTs to develop and deliver an integrated WES accuracy solution through design, assessment, to WS validation. Conduct system-level modeling and analysis: develop and integrate physics based models and simulations for mission and system performance and survivability assessments. Requires an understanding of model verification and validation, analysis validation and verification, and implementation in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment. Solid SE experience with a focus in physics based performance modeling, model maturation, and analysis requirement definition and model verification and validation. Requires cross team coordination, cross IPT and mission/system thinker.
Strong, open communicator with systems and mission engineering emphasis with specific interest/experience in system performance, Mod/Sim and analysis. Experience with large system performance analysis, TPM reporting, model development and validation, certification, and system verification via analysis is desired. Experience a broad spectrum of phenomenology, able to work across multiple disciplines and classification environments, experience with early system definition and MBSE is desired. Strong working knowledge of MatLab, Python, C++ are also key skills.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSDJobsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science Degree OR higher in a STEM-related field of study.
- 14 years of experience with a BS Degree, or 12 years of experience with a Master's, or 9 years of experience with a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or closely related technical discipline
- Active Secret clearance with investigation in the last 6 years
- Ability/Desire to work in a model based system engineering (MBSE) environment using modern modeling languages like SysML, UML, UPDM and knowledgeable of the DoDAF and MoDAF frameworks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD top secret clearance.
- Experience with model based system engineering (MBSE) environment trained in the practice of using modern modeling languages like SysML, UML, UPDM and knowledgeable of the DoDAF and MoDAF frameworks.
- Experience using enterprise & system modeling tools like No Magic Cameo Enterprise Architecture
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.