Are you interested in an exciting career supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector, Weapon Systems (WS) Division is looking for an Associate Contract Administrator to join our contracts team in Mesa, Arizona. This is an entry-level position supporting the Guns Operating Unit within Armament Systems.
• Maintain and update contract documents and official program records, including contractual documents and correspondence
• Research contract issues and prepare analysis with citations
• Provide direct contract support, review contractual documents to ensure protection of company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies.
• Administer, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts.
• Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
• Develop proposal packages, in a timely manner and in accordance with established procedures
• Provide proposal support including taking an active role in creating contract proposal volumes, supporting fact finding and the negotiation process.
• Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Maintain and provide status and tracking information on customer requests
• Work cooperatively with the technical staff to address customer requests
Candidates must be able to make sound decisions in a timely manner, display strong interpersonal skills, possess solid written and verbal communication skills, and have an agile perspective or compliance protocol mandated by regulated industry.
The candidate must have:
•Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, finance, or a related discipline from an accredited institution
•0+ years of professional experience in business management, finance, accounting, or related fields
•Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
•Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and, innovative behaviors in past projects, roles, or experiences
•Strong interpersonal relationship skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams
•The willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
•US citizenship is a prerequisite.
Please note - new college graduates will be required to verify graduation within a reasonable time.
•Demonstrated strong leadership skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a challenging environment
•Professional experience in a regulated industry: to include Aerospace & Defense, Insurance, Financial Services, Telecommunications, or Legal/Regulatory
•Experience Reading and Interpreting legal and contractual requirements
•Demonstrated strong personal integrity and leadership
•Prior experience in contracting, subcontracting, or related field
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.