Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
The Technician I - Mechanical works at the United States Postal Service (USPS) Central Repair Facility (CRF) in Topeka, KS. The CRF is a depot repair facility for USPS mail processing, delivery, and bulk mail systems repairable parts. Examples: repairing printed circuit boards, electrical, electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies to component level. The CRF provides depot level maintenance for essential automation, mechanization, retail and bulk mail processing systems used in all mail processing and retail installations.
• Our Mechanical Technician applies working technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks in the repair of various types of mechanical, electromechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment
• Tests, analyzes, and overhauls electromechanical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment using manufacturer's manuals or similar documentation, detailed drawings, cut away and exploded view drawings, electrical diagrams, and testing equipment
• Verifies dimensions using precision measuring tools such as micrometers and calipers.
• Remove, replace, and reinstall electrical and mechanical assemblies and hardware in the repair and overhaul of equipment using hand tools, power tools, hoists, precision-measuring and test equipment
• Tests items per requirements for circuit continuity and operational reliability using multimeters, voltmeters, function generators, megohmmeters and oscilloscopes. Analyzes test results, makes repairs or adjustments accordingly
• Receives technical guidance as required from supervisor or higher level technicians.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
•High school graduate or equivalent
•United States Postal Service Sensitive security clearance required to start
•Formal mechanical training from an accredited program or equivalent military training, or a minimum of two years verifiable work history experience in mechanical and/or electromechanical repairs may be used in lieu of education
•Must have a strong mechanical aptitude with the knowledge and ability to perform repairs on simple to medium complexity electromechanical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic items
•Ability to perform basic troubleshooting techniques
•Must be able to read both electrical and mechanical wiring diagrams, schematics and blueprints
•Understand the fundamentals of AC and DC motor theory, single and three phase motors
•Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
•Physical activity may include climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motion
•Required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature
•Subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current.
•Familiarity with quality control processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.