Working in Northrop Grumman Space Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility, and reshaping the world we live in. If you're looking for challenging work experiences with a bigger purpose and desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we invite you to look for the next step in your career at Northrop Grumman.
We are seeking a Manager Subcontracts Program 3 to join our team. This position can be based in either Huntsville, AL or Camden, AR.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible for major subcontractors or major subcontracted systems. Directs and manages all cost, schedule and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor or the product family and is required to ensure performance and support of the contract milestones of the system. Acts as the main focal point to the subcontractor; briefs executive management and customer on the status and issues affecting performance or cost; and conducts program reviews with the subcontractor and program office. Responsible for and directs all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the business case for make or buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, and cost accountability. Makes decisions affecting the performance of the subcontractor. Establishes milestone objectives and manages performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications. Leads team composed of engineers, quality and procurement personnel.
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work. Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, and/or technical discipline and a minimum of 8 years experience (or 6 years with a Masters) in defense or aerospace systems and/or management in development of production projects.
- 5+ years leading/managing teams
- US Citizenship, ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain management techniques
- Demonstrated success in leading mangers and/or professional to achieve projects cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to create an maintain trusted relationships with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross functional teams
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain management on a major program
- Masters Degree in Business or Technical field
- Demonstrated experience in interfacing seamlessly with functional teams, customers and major subcontract parts
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.