At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman's Space Sector is looking for an experienced Principal Engineer Systems/Sr. Principal Engineer Systems to support the Launch and Missile Defense Systems business unit for the Zombie Program.
The Principal./Sr. Principal Systems Engineer will work on the Zombie family of targets requiring the candidate to function in a dynamic multi-disciplinary and multi-division environment
• The candidate should possess strong technical problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to generate and document system level launch vehicle requirements, perform vehicle performance assessments and participate in system level verification/data review activities
• Regular interface with program management, engineering staff and external customers is expected
• The candidate is expected to execute systems engineering efforts for the Zombie program including direct and in-direct management of engineers with limited oversight from engineering senior leadership personnel in a collaborative environment
• The candidate is expected to solicit, negotiate, track, and verify mission requirements are met through design, test, or analysis
• The candidate is expected to travel to support launch campaigns and customer meetings with the opportunity to lead the Zombie team during field campaigns
• The candidate is expected to participate in or manage flight safety discussions with ranges
• The candidate is expected to participate in or manage customer directed trade studies and development efforts
• The candidate should be comfortable estimating the scope of engineering effort for recurring and non-recurring/developmental engineering tasks
• The candidate should be willing to occasionally work during odd hours (nights/weekends) and occasionally longer than normal (>40 hrs/wk) to meet deadlines
• The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to completion autonomously and possess demonstrated mentoring/training skills
This position may be offered at
Level 3 Principal Engineer Systems or Level 4 Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
•U.S. Citizenship is required
•Ability to obtain a secret security clearance is required
•Ability to Travel 25% is required
Level 3 Princ Engineer Systems requires
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
Level 4 Sr. Princ Engineer Systems requires
9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556639145Posted: 2020-05-21