Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is actively hiring an IC Package Design and Modeling Engineer
for the Cyber & Intelligence Mission Solutions (CIMS) Organization. The position is located at the Advanced Technology Lab (ATL) - just outside of Baltimore, Maryland - where we design, manufacture, and test semiconductor and superconducting products for internal and commercial production as well as emerging programs.
The IC Package Design and Modeling Engineer
will be responsible for all aspects of integrated circuit packaging, including packaging design, packaging processing, packaging modeling, packaging test, and packaging failure analysis. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications
- Packaging design, package modeling and simulation
- Mechanical stress simulation, thermal simulation, and electrical simulation for IC packaging
- Parsing and analyzing large datasets to guide packaging process development and perform failure analysis for IC packaging.
- MS degree in Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or related discipline with 7 years of professional experience (4 years with PhD) in IC packaging.
- Expertise in semiconductor device physics and circuit design.
- Experience with IC encapsulation and bonding (wire bonding, flip chip, etc.) including lead or lead-free solders, and related bonding/processing technology.
- Previous experience with IC packaging modeling & simulation, and packaging failure analysis.
- Strong analysis, design and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Previous experience with tools including Cadence Spectre & Virtuoso or Mentor Calibre, Ansys Mechanics/IcePak, or Synopsys Sentaurus TCAD (interconnect), or other similar packaging simulation/modeling tools.
- Knowledge of surface-mount technology, ball grid array, pin grid array, packaging technology for 2/2.5/3D highly integrated heterogeneous circuits.
- Modeling and design of interposers with thru-silicon-vias
- Experience with packaging underfill and related technology
- Current Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556639171Posted: 2020-05-21