At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary Command and Control Systems that impact warfighters around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy. We look for innovative individuals who have bold new ideas and a pioneering spirit to invent the future. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and a drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The C4MD Engineering Department within the MDMC OU is seeking an Engineering Software Functional Manager for their Domestic Programs. The candidate will support technical execution of the Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command Systems (IBCS) Program Portfolio. Additionally, the candidate will have functional management responsibility for Software Engineers performing within the MDMC OU - Domestic Program Portfolio and shall perform, but is not limited to the following functional responsibilities: conducting mid-year and annual performance reviews, providing frequent performance feedback to direct reports, establishing and ensuring career growth and development plans are established and are progressing, staffing open positions within the software functional discipline, and supporting Engineering Organizational Goals and Initiatives. The selected candidate will report functionally to a Senior Level Manager within the MDMC OU Domestic Program Department.
• Bachelor of Science in a STEM discipline from an accredited university with 5 or more years of experience with Software Development or Engineering.
• Basic familiarity of Waterfall, Agile and DevSecOps approaches
• Experience supporting all phases of the program lifecycle
• Understanding and experience with fundamental Software Engineering principles, techniques and processes
• Active Secret Clearance
• Experience leading and managing small teams
• Understanding of IBCS and/or Air and Missile Defense Systems
• Agile and/or DevSecOps experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 556639181Posted: 2020-05-21