Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact on business operations, Penske is temporarily delaying our hiring for most positions within our organization. We expect to have positions like this available in the future, and are looking to identify talent for those roles today. Our recruiting teamis actively reviewing and engaging with qualified candidatesfor phone screenings at this time. Please do apply if you are interested.
We've got the keys to a rewarding career, drive on over to Penske!
Have the drive to be a part of a top service department? Want to keep the best fleet up and running?
If you're happy under the hood, you're a perfect fit! We're hiring a Diesel Technician for our Commerce City branch!
Click below to see what makes Penske great!
The main function of the Penske Technician II will be to generally assist in the repair and diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components of various truck and trailer equipment at the direction of Lead Technician or Maintenance Supervisor. Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little or no supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/ Air Brake systems, Heating/ Air Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventive Maintenance Service.
Shift expectations are: TBD
• Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air)
• Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of equipment for "trade-ins" and prepare new equipment for delivery.
• Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
• Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
• Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
• Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
• Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
• Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
• Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
• Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
• Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
• Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
• Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
• Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
• Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
• Valid driver's license required and must also have or be able to get a CDL license
• Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.gopenske.com/ to learn more.
Ready to turn wrenches? Apply for this position and start your career today.
Keywords: Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Freightliner, Hino, Isuzu
Work Locations: 6015 E 58th Ave Commerce City, CO 80022
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Commerce City
Job: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Req ID: 2003776