Penske is an essential business to our customers and communities, our team is working hard to keep supply chains up and running. This position is immediately available and we are actively recruiting, interviewing and hiring for this role. Please apply today.
We are committed to the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and customers. We have modified our hiring processes to include increased phone interviews and where in-person activities are required, we are practicing social distancing. You can learn more about our company approach on our main company career page Gopenske.com.Position Summary:
Penske Logistics is expanding our Team in Smyrna, TN. We are looking for a Customer Service Associate to join our new expansion for customer service and network planning. In this fast-paced environment, you will have the opportunity to join our current and successful Team in providing world-class service to a top tier Automotive Manufacturing and Distribution network. Working with multiple teams, initiatives and industry leading technology is only the beginning.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is self-motivated, has strong analytical and computer skills, strong attention to detail and is enthusiastic to work in a customer-centric environment.
A successful candidate should be open to participating with in a multi-team, fast-paced environment. They should be able to communicate effectively and drive accountability. They should strive to provide feedback to both internal and external stakeholders and be comfortable in providing ideas for process improvement and team development.Job Description:
A Penske Logistics Customer Service Associate is a part of a very fast-paced team that monitors delivery schedules to assure timely delivery of materials and products to customer locations. CSA's work with multiple teams to ensure that all aspects of freight movement are accurate and work with stakeholders to troubleshoot any issues. Manage time sensitive information and transactions in order to ensure on-time delivery by tracking shipments for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary. Candidate must have proven communication with a strong focus on internal and external customer service to meet business needs.Shift:
We are looking to fill openings on 2nd and 3rd shift. The ability to work a flexible schedule to meet customer requirements is a plus.Major Responsibilities:
- Use TMS system to enter & process customer orders
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in time sensitive situations in a fast-paced environment
- Providing detailed instruction to various personnel via multiple lanes of communication
- Work closely with common carriers to ensure on-time deliveries by checking shipment status daily and maintaining transportation relationships.
- Communicating with associates from other shifts via reporting or direct communication
- Complete daily logs and checklists
- Work with customer to resolve any transportation issues
- High sense of urgency tracking shipments to ensure on time delivery is met
- Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- At least 1 year of customer service experience required
- Some college preferred / High school diploma or equivalent necessary
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations in a fast paced environment
- Advanced computer skills including Excel and Outlook required
- Must also be able to learn and regularly operate multiple company and customer owned transportation systems & applications
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as Penske personnel
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player with flexibility in working different shifts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to learn and regularly operate various computer systems across different platforms
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, working Remotely as assigned or dictated by business need, complete
- Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com at http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn moreWork Locations:
983 Nissan Dr Smyrna, TN 37167Primary Location:
Logistics/Supply ChainPenske (Oracle) Job Name:
Logistics/Supply ChainReq ID: