What you will do
Our Government Security Technician is a seasoned field professional capable of performing both installation and service of electronic security systems (ESS) for multiple government sites around the D.C. Metro area.Location:
Will primarily support sites around the Washington D.C. Metro area. May require some overnight travel at times to support customers within the assigned territory, but it is limited. Company vehicle, laptop, cell phone and all necessary tools are provided. Remote / virtual (home based) and will receive work orders to laptop or cell phone. Benefits:
Eligible for benefits on first day of employment Vacation:
Eligible for 2 weeks per calendar year
How you will do it
1. Installs security devices and infrastructure in accordance with installation plan according to the national electric code, company and customer guidelines.
2. Performs security system programming and setup.
3. Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures by properly reading equipment, building, electrical, and sprinkler blueprints.
4. Conducts testing to ensure proper operation of equipment after installation or repairs.
5. Conducts testing of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
6. Conduct End-User training.
7. Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
8. Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring.
9. Readjust equipment, repair or replace inoperative equipment and test for operation.
10. Prepare trouble order forms to report temporary repairs.
11. Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
12. Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
13. Coach and mentor less experienced installers.
14. May manage installation teams on larger projects.
15. Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor. What we look for
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Experience in installing, inspecting, and repairing of integrated security systems for complex low voltage intrusion, access control, CCTV and digital recording systems. Eight (8) or more years preferred. Specific systems include, but not limited to: SoftwareHouse, Lenel, DMP, Bosch, American Dynamics, and Vindicator.
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
4. Ability to operate a fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work paying close attention to details.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, while establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
7. Can work unsupervised to complete installation jobs and is self-motivated to complete jobs.
8. Capable of using hand and power tools to properly mount and secure equipment
9. Valid driver's license
10. Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
11. Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools as required.
12. The ability to obtain and maintain an interim DoD Secret security clearance within 180 days of initial employment and the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance within 18 months of initial secret clearance being granted required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)Preferred
1. Technical school training
2. Relevent equipment and manufacturer certifications in Softwarehouse Ccure 9000 Installer/Maintainer, Lenel, Bosch, American Dynamics, Prowatch, Victor Video and/or DMPWho we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years and with more than 680 professionals, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. The JCFS team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, and utility savings projects at various federal and military sites around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our "take a journey" video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
- Overtime Status: Non-exempt