At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360 photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at ourcompany introduction video.SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
I know, I know, you're in logistics, you want more details. You must be prepared to serve as a leader to the Logistics Inventory team and create a high performing culture through coaching and managing operations. This may include:
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Train and manage team, providing coaching, feedback, performance management, and mentorship
- Participate in hiring and interview stage of candidate experience
- Lead a team of inventory associates and partner with the Inspection Center team to track inventory
- Manage daily operations and team assignments; expert use of Carvana Inventory Technology software platforms
- Maintain lot integrity by accurately tracking vehicles and ensuring regular upkeep of facilities
- Problem solve inventory discrepancies and answer team questions
- Perform administrative duties such as approving employee time sheets
- Conduct and document incident reports for insurance purposes
- Work with 3rd party vendors as necessary
- Work closely with Logistics planners, managers and inspection center technicians
- Act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the customer and the business at all times
- Additional duties as assigned
This position requires a "can-do" attitude and individual that is interested in Carvana's operations process to deliver our customer experience. Required skills include:"
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Prior management experience preferred; experience supervising/managing a team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Proficient use of computers
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license, no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no DUIs
- Ability to interact with managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner
- Familiarity with technical systems and processes for tracking inventory
- The energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and find solutions
- Ability to maintain a positive working environment and increase team morale
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
The Inventory Team Lead will report to Inventory Supervisor and will be a hourly full-time position based in Tolleson, AZ. No travel is required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; a majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Full-Time Hourly Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development