Night Shift Stand-up Reach Truck OperatorLocation
Performance Nashville (0685) Job Description
The Forklift Operator will transport incoming freight to inventory from staging areas for storage in the appropriate slots, on the multi-level racks in the assigned warehouse area and replenish / re-stock pick slots in a timely manner ensuring all safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and quality standards are met and to maintain the efficient flow of the production process. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
- Follow all preferred work methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines. Ensure work area is safe and report any unsafe conditions and/or acts immediately.
- Review work schedule, perform safety check on equipment, obtain supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations. Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear.
- Meet required productivity and accuracy standards per location and company guidelines.
- Work from receiving sheets, computer print-out, established procedures and practices, written and /or verbal instructions.
- Locate and perform count check of incoming freight in the staging area and transport to freezer with forklift / pallet jack.
- Inspect items for damage, perform temperature and quality checks and take appropriate action as needed.
- Locate proper slot on storage racks, set pallets in place with forklift or hand stack items, enter product data and location into RF unit.
- Replenish pick slots with outgoing stock items according to next day's work orders.
- Rotate date-sensitive stock to the front of the rack and / or remove out dated out of date inventory according to company policy.
- Disperse over-stocked items to available slots for temporary storage.
- Remove empty pallets, cardboard packing, and strapping to the proper area or receptacles.
- Inspect empty pallets for damage, stack and move pallets with pallet jack or forklift to the proper storage area.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in work area as needed.
- Remove batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged batteries and complete vehicle inspection checklist.
- Perform other similar duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
- At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
21878BRAddress Line 1
401 Maddox-Simpson PkwyJob Location
Lebanon, Tennessee (TN) Shift
1st Shift Full Time / Part Time
Full Time EEO Statement
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.Division
Performance Foodservice Job Category
Operations Preferred Qualifications
• 1-2 years warehouse and/or distribution work experience
• Foodservice distribution or related industry experience
• 6+ months experience operating a forklift and/or pallet jackState
Tennessee Company Description
Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.Required Qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position
• Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift
• Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products off shelves, as well as replenish product, from various heights weighing between 10-35 pounds and generally up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location, throughout shift
• Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e. cooler, freezer and dry
• Pass pre-employment drug testRequired Experience
• 6-12 months warehouse and/or distribution work experience