Job Description Operations Manager - Independence/Winthrop, IA
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up
and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day. Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien ,
the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven Seed and Dyna-Gro Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future,
and grow your career. What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Accountable for overall operations of location (warehousing, logistics, inventory).
- Plan, direct, and manage multi shift distribution
- Oversees field activities, equipment scheduling, and maintenance
- Develop and implement opportunities for process improvement, cost savings, leverage of technology, and improved service within the distribution
- Lead and develop a high performing team to meet objectives and work with a cross functional mindset.
- Provides customer service for internal and external customers
- Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times by enforcing Company standards and following up on regular safety inspections
- Travel may be required to include market areas in other states
Are you a good match? Apply today!
- 5 years of relevant management experience in vocational agricultural or a combination in supervisory, education, and work experience.
- Agricultural based degree desired
- Strong leader with excellent decision-making skills who easily interacts with and develops direct reports.
- Proven ability to build and develop strong relationships.
- Creative problem solver and "strategic thinker" with a very strong work ethic.
- Must have excellent time management, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
- Flexibility, high energy and passion are required.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- CDL may be required.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on:
LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter