CACI is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer - Test Systems for a fast paced system design engineering environment for DoD customer in San Antonio, TX. If you are looking to be challenged in your career, CACI would like to speak with you. What You'll Get To Do
More About the Role:
- Work primarily with production technicians and draftsman to ensure hardware builds are correct and optimal.
- Prepare work order routings to include identification of quality inspection points, ensuring critical inspections are identified at the right point in the manufacturing process to support yielding a quality output.
- Verify drawings (part numbers, production processes, nomenclature, BOMs, etc.) are accurate and to ensure that all redlines identified during build are correctly documented and captured on final release drawings.
- Lead Configuration Audits of final builds against drawings and build documentation/processes .
- Act as engineering team lead for production builds (support First Article builds).
- Liaise with production, engineering/drafting, configuration management, and project managers for hardware builds.
- Introduce/reshape test processes for products and monitor test outputs to take corrective actions to produce more robust and higher quality products. This includes software and hardware products for ATSs.
- Oversee engineering and manufacturing processes for Test Program Set (TPS) and other aviation test developments throughout the product life cycle management (concept to delivery).
- Assist with root cause analysis and corrective action for procedures and product deficiencies as well as suggest new processes to enhance overall efficiency.
- Assist the test system development teams in identifying best practices for hardware/software architecture design, performing quality/technical checks on system documentation.
- Review contractual requirements and ensure manufacturing processes comply.
- Coordinate manufacturing efforts with management and engineering lead.
- Interface with customers regarding developmental efforts.
You will Focus on developing and reshaping processes (manufacturing methods) for the designing and fielding of Automated Test Systems (ATSs). Optimization of these processes (IPC) will be done to reduce development/production costs while optimizing the quality of the end products for the customers. Lead production build projects and coordinate between departments to ensure all contractual requirements are being met.You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- A Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent engineering degree.
- Five or more years of experience with test system development for military weapon systems.
- Audit/Validation/Verification experience related to the development of systems to contractual requirements.
- Product development experience through production.
- Root cause and corrective action methods and practices
- Process optimization based on lessons learned, customer feedback, peer input, etc.
- Basic understanding of Analog and Digital circuits.
- Basic understanding of digital multimeters (DMMs) and oscilloscopes (other lab equipment knowledge is a plus).
- Processes for design and development in a risk averse environment.
- Experience with design reviews and justifying designs/development.
What We Can Offer You:
- Experience and knowledge of US Air Force and/or Navy aviation maintenance organizational structure.
- Understanding of software/hardware integration.
- Support equipment development in accordance with (IAW) MIL-PRF-28800, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461.
- Familiarity with government FAR and D-FAR.
- Product life cycle management IAW IEEE 15288.
- Experience with PXI or equivalent technologies.
- Development of automated test systems (ATE) and test program sets (TPS) for aircraft electrical, mechanical, avionics and engine systems.
- Knowledge and use of ISO 9001, AS9100 or CMMI quality management systems
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Job Location
US-San Antonio-TX-SAN ANTONIO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Posting ID: 556639371Posted: 2020-05-21