Job DescriptionGeneral Description:
CACI is currently seeking SAP Fiori ABAP Developers to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, these SAP ABAP Developers will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
You should have worked with or have a strong interest in agile software development practices and delivering deployable software in short sprints. What you'll get to do:
SAP ABAP Developers integrated into our Agile teams develop, test, debug, implement, maintain and document solutions in an SAP NetWeaver application environment. Responsibilities include creating, modifying and maintaining Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions, Forms and Workflows (RICEFW) objects on ECC, CRM, SRM and other SAP systems which support the mission specific requirements of our client. Responsible for:
- Implement SAP ABAP software applications and interfaces within SAP NetWeaver instances
- Develop, test, debug, implement, maintain and document ABAP RICEFW objects within SAP ECC, CRM, SRM, Portal, Solution Manager and future HANA based SAP Application systems (e.g.: S/4HANA, C/4HANA, BW/4HANA, etc.).
- Program extensions in a wide range of SAP areas: FI, Procurement, Asset Management, Funds Management, PSCD (Public Sector Collection and Disbursement), GRC, Solution Manager
- Provide optimization, enhancement and O&M support for ABAP applications which perform financial and business management functions on the Agency's SAP systems
- Participate in the analysis of the customer's business operations to validate requirements and scope, suggest process improvements and assist in level of effort (LOE) estimation, if required
- Develop and maintain SAP design and technical specification documents, and conduct unit, integration and release testing to validate functionality
- Support end-users Acceptance Testing activities, and participate in Production Operations and Release Management support
- Modernize User Interfaces by designing and building applications consistent with the SAP Fiori Application Architecture, including SAP application templates (e.g.: Worklist, Master-Detail), Smart Controls, Dynamic UI Content, Smart Templates, Fragments and Themes
- Implementing Fiori applications (transactional, factsheet and analytical) and enhancing standard applications using enhancement framework
- Designing & modeling OData services using the Gateway Service Builder
- Fielding applications within existing application Launchpad environments
You are good at:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
- 3-year check for felony convictions
- 1-year check for illegal drug use
- 1-year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 10 years of overall experience, 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience extending SAP standard functionality using ABAP Objects and other modern SAP technologies.
- Experience developing SAP ODATA Entities using SAP NetWeaver Gateway and service builder which can be consumed by any external applications using the HTTP(s) protocol
- Experience converting business critical requirements into SAP applications using current SDLC methodologies and technical approaches to design, implement, test and deploy these capabilities
- Knowledge of SAP Web IDE required (cloud and personal edition)
Bonus would be having:
- Effective code optimization, program performance analysis and tuning experience
- Adhering to strict development standards and conduct code reviews
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working individually (self-motivated) and within a team environment
- Communicating effectively with Management - providing status information, suggesting corrective actions, and taking direction when decisions are made; and diverse customer organizations - accepting guidance and feedback on requirements and deliverables
- Experience using agile implementation methodology
- Experience with the SAP Activate Methodology
- Experience with SAP HANA databases and views
- Experience developing SAP Java Application software in SAP NetWeaver Java Stack environments
- SAP Certification in one or more of the following disciplines are desired
- ABAP Development
- SAP Fiori User Interface Design and Development
- SAP HANA
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Falls Church-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.