CACI is currently looking for a Junior Technical Writer/Technical Editor with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the nation's safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity. ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced, fast-learning, organized, and productive technical writer and technical editor who can adapt to an environment running a mature Scrum-based Agile software development program. The Tech Writer/Editor will work within CACI's Agile Program Management Office (APMO) and will be responsible for the development, editing, quality control, and configuration management of a variety of program-related documentation. What You'll Get To Do:
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Create, help create, and update program-level deliverables, documents, and work products, such as status reports, meeting minutes, program review presentation slides, program management plans, software development plans, configuration management plans, and quality assurance plans
- Develop copy that adheres to best practice regarding document structure and logic flow
- Help update select portfolio-level deliverables, documents, and work products, such as user manuals, test plans, and architectural artifacts
- Thoroughly edit all program-level and, as necessary, portfolio-level deliverables, documents, and work products
- Ensure BEAGLE deliverables, documents, and work products are free from grammatical, punctuation, spelling, and style errors
- Support the establishment of and ensure conformance to program deliverable, document, and work product standards
- Develop new and refine existing technical writing, technical editing, documentation peer review, and quality assurance processes to enhance quality and productivity
- Create and help refine templates that are easy to adapt and apply
- Institute/help institute and apply formatting standards to program-wide documentation and deliverables
- Develop or assist developing graphics
- Manage program-level documentation library to ensure effective file management and version control
- Submit program deliverables, documents, and work products to the customer
- Provide regular input to workload estimation efforts
- Ensure x committed tasks are completed on time and of high quality, in what can be a fast-paced work environment
- Interface comfortably with SMEs and managers of all levels to effectively create or refine documentation
- Self-manage to meet commitments
- Proactively follow-up to ensure timely feedback from team members and SMEs to meet deadlines
- Give actionable feedback and helpful advice
- Establish the balance between collaborating and proactively correcting
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
- Three-year check for felony convictions
- One-year check for illegal drug use
- One-year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- Two (2+) years of demonstrated technical writing experience
- College degree (B.A.; B.S) in a related discipline
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, including template design
- Very strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of document and repository management practices, including using SharePoint, Team Foundation Server, or similar tools
- Strong attention to detail and collaboration skills
- An ability to interface with various disciplines and personalities, as well as work independently
- Strong contextual understanding of technical terminology
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe FrameMaker or InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with desktop publishing, automated work processing, and other digital information technology applications, particularly electronic publishing
- Experience relating to engineering and maintenance drawings and/or operational procedures to include the knowledge and ability to interpret, absorb, and synthesize large quantities of computer system and application-related information
- Understand elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, configuration management, quality assurance, and release management
- Experience writing and editing technical documentation in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.