CACI is seeking a Naval Marine Engineer Associate to support the US Navy DDG 51 Class Shipbuilding Program (Post Delivery Branch) client outside the Washington Navy Yard headquarters. The Candidate will provide engineering services and technical support as a Ship Design Manager (SDM).
What You'll Get to Do:
- Provide Post Shakedown Availability (PSA) engineering support to the Hull Manager (HM), acting as the focal point for technical and engineering efforts on the assigned Hull.
- Perform ship checks during new construction to determine and confirm as built conditions in order to support the drafting of statements of work for work item specification development.
- Provide technically sound Statements of Work to the Navy so that the changes may be considered to be included in PSA work packages and Class engineering changes.
- Review work specifications developed by the PSA Planning Yards to ensure compliance with certification standards, Class build specifications, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and work specification requirements.Supports development of PSA work-packages.
- Assist with reviewing and drafting PSA work item specifications, ECPs, PSA schedules, and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms).Review and provide analysis of the execution yard's PSA schedules and POA&Ms to the client.
- Provide Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) technical assessments and evaluations in accordance with the client specification and advise the client on equipment and system problems that arise during Post-Delivery test and trial.
- Serve as a local on-site representative in a home port or shipyard for the client during PSA and Post-Delivery test and trial.
- Review design drawings and ship specifications. Develop tasking letters.
- Track PSA Planning Yard Work Specification development timeline and provide metrics.
- Develop technical resolutions to engineering problems that arise in the production of Navy Ships. Monitor work item candidates from various sources including the Class Configuration Control Board (CCB), Technical Support Team, Ship Design Manager, and Ship's Force, and incorporate any lessons learned.
- Assist in the development of a written Program response to each issue addressed in the Commanding Officer's Letter of Concerns issued in preparation of Final Contract Trial.
More About This Role:
- Travel will be required at least 25% of the time and candidate must have the ability to work in an industrial environment and be physically capable to climb ladders to move between a DDG Class ship's compartments and participate in at-sea ship trials.
- BS (Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering) or equivalent + 2 yrs. relevant experience or ten years of Navy shipbuilding experience in lieu of degree.
- Current DoD Secret Security Clearance
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
NSIS.ENG Job Location
US-Washington-DC-WASHINGTON DC METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Posting ID: 556639396Posted: 2020-05-21