CACI is currently looking for Drupal Developer
with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
You should have worked with or have a strong interest in agile software development practices and delivering deployable software in short sprints. What you'll get to do:
Seeking a developer/programmer with a solid understanding of Drupal 7, Drupal 8, and PHP to support a large government website. This position is mainly focused on Drupal development.
Dependability, a great attitude, and strong work ethic are integral components of this position. This position will be responsible for configuration/development and supporting operations for a large public government website. Only high performers with attention to detail and quality of work will be considered. Candidate must be a self-starter that can perform well independently, interact with customers professionally, and collaborate with diverse internal and external teams. Deliverables are required to be well designed, tested, secure, and complete. Position will report to Springfield, VA area and may have infrequent local travel. Position is part of a small team supporting Drupal initiatives. The opportunity to work with capable, professional, and technical peers is present in this position each day.
- Familiarity with Web graphics, browser, and cross-platform compatibility issues is important.
- Familiarity with 508 compliance and accessibility.
- Work closely with other developers to build, review, test, and deploy complex code using our Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 environment.
- Detail-oriented individual who thoroughly writes, checks and tests code before deployment ensuring changes don't impact others and that pages load quickly.
- Experience developing for mobile-first design.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex issues with customers in non-technical terms and provide realistic timelines for deliverables.
You are good at:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
- 3 year check for felony convictions
- 1 year check for illegal drug use
- 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Professional Experience: at least seven (7) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment
Bonus would be having:
- Experience with Drupal 7/8 and PHP projects
- Experience modifying and creating Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 modules and Features
- Experience managing configuration management in Drupal 8.
- Strong experience using Composer for dependency management.
- Strong troubleshooting skill to resolve system issues in a fast paced environment.
- Experience adapting and developing themes for use in a CMS environment
- Ability to develop, review, test, and deploy custom Drupal modules
- Experience working with mobile responsive design templates
- Collaborate with web designers to ensure mockups and UI meet the needs of a responsive web design
- Ability to write code to enhance performance across all devices
- Can communicate effectively between creative and technical departments
- Can manage multiple projects at one time - can work with other departments and team members to ensure the work is done accurately and on time.
- Ability to develop and modify Drupal 8 themes with Twig.
- Ability to test and create test plans for module and CSS updates.
- Strong understanding of the Feeds module and ability to write custom code for it.
- MySQL and Linux experience highly desired
- Knowledge of and experience with Features module
- Knowledge of Drupal hooks system
- Knowledge of GIT version control
- Knowledge of functional and regression testing in Drupal systems
- Familiarity with PHP Storm or other development IDE.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.