CACI is looking for an experienced Formal Methods Engineer
to support the Lunar Gateway Program at NASA Johnson Space Center with formal methods expertise for the specification, development, and verification of the autonomous on-board vehicle system management of the Lunar Gateway Space Station. This position requires a self-motivated, capable person with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, have strong customer relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise, and be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner. The individual must share our passion for our Nation's Space Program and share in the excitement of developing the next human-rated space vehicles. What You'll Get to Do:
- Apply formal methods techniques to the design and verification of autonomous spacecraft flight software.
- Develop innovative and effective ways to verify and provide assurance for safety-critical autonomous space systems.
- Interface and build relationships with domestic and international Gateway partners.
- Interface with NASA and spacecraft designer engineering teams.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative. You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident to facilitate access to USG facilities.
- B.S. in Computer Science, or Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Software, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines required.
- Experience applying formal methods techniques to cyber-physical systems.
- Experience working with at least one of the several types of formal methods including model checking, theorem proving, run-time verification, or static analysis.
- Strong evidence of success in highly collaborative projects/environments.
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced environments.
- Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
- Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
- Must have highly developed coordination and organization skills.
- M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Software, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience applying contract-based design to cyber-physical systems.
- Experience working with a broad set of formal methods.
- Experience with autonomous or remotely controlled systems (e.g., used in aircraft, satellites, autonomous cars, unmanned aerial vehicles, or factory automation).
- Experience with distributed systems.
- C/C++ software development experience.
- Experience with Agile software development environments and methodologies.
- Experience in avionics and flight software development for human-rated space vehicles (e.g., Space Shuttle, International Space Station, Commercial Crew Vehicles, or Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle).
- Experience in the full life cycle of human-rated flight projects.
NSIS.ENG What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Posting ID: 556639404Posted: 2020-05-21