Team CACI has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Cable Plant Specialist supporting a DHS customer's wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) networks across multiple security domains. You will be trusted for the installation and documentation of new and/or updated Inside Plant cable infrastructure to include conduit, cable trays, copper, coax, fiber and all associated elements in the Burlington, Vermont
location in accordance with scope of work statements. High paced and attention to detail a must. Must follow cable plant commercial best practice procedures, standards required for installation of cable racks, wiring of the racks and testing required during installation. The contractor will work cooperatively, collaboratively and transparently with all associated organizations to support Network. This role necessarily deals with highly confidential and sensitive information, and the role is expected to confirm to best handling practices. What You'll Get to Do:
Seasoned technical individual contributor will work independently with limited supervision and manage projects/processes, coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals. Influences others regarding system design, solutions and procedures when faced with difficult and complex problems. The Cable Plant Specialist will be actively involved with other technical staff through explanation of facts, policies and practices. Solving difficult and complex problems. Communicates and influences project/team leaders within and outside of the job function at project/program regarding solution design, processes and/or approaches. More About the Role:
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Analyze, administer, and maintain telecommunications and network cabling infrastructure.
- Responsible for tasks assigned by Coordinators in connection with service orders and repair activities related to Category 6 cabling, Voice over IP networks VOIP, and fiber optic cabling infrastructure.
- Dress, terminate and test cables and components, to include work with power tools and ladders
- Install, maintain and repair voice and data communications systems
- Interpret service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics
- Test, locate, install, and repair cabling infrastructure associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance
- Verify work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information
- Verify service by testing installed cabling; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems
- Document network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications
- Maintain network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Identify, track and remove abandoned cable, and keep cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards
- Dress, terminate and test cables and components including CAT6 and fiber optic cabling.
- Handle ad-hoc incoming inquiries and problems to ensure the construction programs continue schedule
- Creation of project scope and equipment requirements assist with request for proposals, and capital requests.
- Understand the mechanisms used to operate and maintain one of the world's most complex networks.
- Evolve agency's vision by delivering a rigorous approach to IT modernization and transformations across the program
- Assists with network designs, floor designs, analyses, tests and implementation of state-of-the-art secure network devices.
- Plans and implements tech refreshes, upgrades and new equipment installs
- Manages project for decommissioning, equipment retirement and obsolescence
- Interface with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Networking, Data Center Engineering, PMs, Data Center Management, security, etc.) to obtain their requirements and drive vendors to adhere to these key elements.
- Interface with data center providers to drive equipment and circuit installations.
- Understand the technical requirements of our engineering teams and ensure the completed project meets these requirements.
- Create detailed network planning packs to build scalable and future proof infrastructure.
- Understand fiber deployment types and insure that diversity requirements that are required are met.
- Inform management in a clear, concise, and timely manner of any customer or network related issues
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. 15 years of experience is acceptable in lieu of degree.
- An active Entrance on Duty (EOD) is required to begin employment and must be maintained as a requirement of continued employment
- 5-7 years of related telecommunications experience.
- Computer literate with basic Networking Skills
- Must be familiar with BICSI rules, regulations, and standards.
- In-depth knowledge of TDM networks
- Well versed in the use of network cabling test equipment including network testers, copper cable testers, fiber OTDRs and fiber power meters.
- Ability to work with power tools, ladders and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively to personnel of various expertise levels.
- Solid Customer Support Skills in a high visibility environment.
- Problem analysis and problem solving. Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven experience with Agile, sprints and DevOps concepts
- Experience working with a Scrum Master, Daily Scrum meetings, sprints and written deliverables
- Using scrum development methodology with JIRA.
- Writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Collaborating with cross functional global and remote teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Developing IT Solutions in collaboration with engineering teams.
- Strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment and decision-making skills
- Proven communicator and leader. Must be able to work well in an environment facilitating a large group of government and other contractor personnel to achieve a common goal
- Understanding the motivations and interests of stakeholders and tailor discussions and presentations accordingly
- Discovering, understanding, documenting, and communicating both quantitative and qualitative value and costs of alternative solutions.
- Producing cross-functional process flows with tools such as PowerPoint or Visio Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Flexible - The environment is highly dynamic. You will be expected to keep up with the changing environment while ensuring a high-level of operational effectiveness along with sprint work items and deliverables due the end of each sprint.
- Detail oriented
- Team Player - This role is part of a much larger team
What We Can Offer You:
- Relevant DHS focused experience
- CCNA/CCNP certifications preferred
- Cisco Prime, Cisco ISE, SolarWinds, Infoblox, Equinix, Riverbed, New Relic and Splunk experience preferred
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
AES1 Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Posting ID: 556639415Posted: 2020-05-21