United States of America - Hawaii, HonoluluJob Summary
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Civil Engineer for immediate employment in the Transportation group at the Honolulu, Hawaii office. The candidate will aid in the design, project management, and project delivery on a broad range of projects, including highway, utility, grading, drainage, site development, transit, aviation, and harbor design.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignements.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design
elements for engineering works.
- Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position.
- BA/BS plus 4 years of relevant experience or AA/AS plus 6 years of relevant experience or HS/GED + 8 years of relevant experience.
What We Offer
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team of architects, contractors, civil, environmental, geotechnical, structural, electrical, and mechanical engineers.
- 6 or more years of experience in design of highways and utilities including water, sanitary sewer, and storm drainage
- Professional Engineer (PE) license, recognized by a state licensing board
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organizational, technical, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Familiar with AutoCAD Civil 3D, including Pipe Networks, Roadway Design, and Grading
- Knowledge in other design software such as HEC-RAS, StormCAD, Vehicle Tracking, Infraworks, Bentley, Microstation, etc.
- Familiar with Federal, State of Hawaii Department of Transportation, and City/County Standards.
- Experience working on public, commercial, and/or industrial sites with multiple utilities including water, fire protection, sanitary sewer (gravity, force mains, pump stations), storm drainage and detention systems, and traffic signal fiber and telecommunications
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to successfully multi-task, perform detail-oriented work, work independently, and demonstrate effective time management skills
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.