United States of America - Virginia, Glen AllenJob Summary
AECOM is seeking a Coastal Resiliency Intern to be based in Glen Allen, VA.
AECOM is searching for candidates that has the ability to be a role model, be client-focused, be impactful and be decisive. Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
This position is expected to start June 2020.
Internships are designed to introduce and build essential, hands on skills that differ from those attained in the academic arena and help to enhance the transition from student to professional.
Interns are assigned duties that will provide a broad, well-rounded learning experience within their field of studyMinimum Requirements
- Candidate must be currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Planning, Design, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related filed with the intent to continue attendance following the internship
- Must have completed 2 years of study in the applicable program
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of position
- Must have a valid driver's license
What We Offer
- Enrolled in a Virginia institution that is part of the VASG partnership and have completed at least 2 years of study in planning, design, civil and environmental engineering, or a related field.
- Coursework in Coastal Ecology, Coastal Watershed Management, Climate Resiliency, Biology or other related courses
- Effective communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplined project team
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to high quality work performance
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Vacation Student / Internship / GraduateBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Intern / StudentRequisition/Vacancy No.
US - Norfolk, VA - 440 Monticello AveClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.