United States of America - California, Los AngelesJob Summary
The Program & Project Management (PPM) business line specializes in the management of design and construction of community infrastructure facilities for education and commercial needs. From concept through completion, we provide necessary technical and administrative services to help our clients meet their program objectives. Our professionals serve as an extension of our clients' staff, protecting their interests as our own, and often working within our clients' offices. As an industry leader in PPM, we oversee activities ranging from planning, coordination, scheduling and cost control, to design, construction and commissioning.
AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Design Manager for an on-site role to support an education project in Los Angeles, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages, develops, and coordinates the District's design process for the A&E Services to ensure that plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements.
- Manages multiple projects, including engineering repair and critical repair, through interaction with Architects, consultants, and District personnel to ensure timely completion of these projects.
- Oversees the building design process to ensure compliance with LAUSD's standards and guidelines for the District by working with design professionals and various District administrators to ensure that new and modernized structures meet both educational and building standards requirements.
- Establishes and follows a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms qualifications and ability to meet performance standards.
- Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives, standards, site, schedule, and budget for each project.
- Establishes and follows an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for each project.
- Provides maximum value for dollars budgeted and are appropriate and enduring to meet the functional needs of the District, the local community, and the environment.
- Reviews design changes to ensure project remains within budget.
- Monitors project planning and design status to report findings, recommendations, and updates.
- Performs others duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree plus six (6) years of experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Minimum ten (10) years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities.
- Five (5) years of experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies.
- Registered Architect or Professional Engineer in the State of California.
What We Offer
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Program and Project ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.