United States of America - Virginia, NorfolkJob Summary
AECOM is seeking a qualified and motivated Document Controls Records Manage for our office in Norfolk, VA to support the Water Business Line's Program Management group. The Records Manager must be a self-starter as well as having excellent computer skills who will interface with multiple teams in an interesting and rewarding Program Management work environment.
The successful candidate will be expected to communicate effectively with project team members, have a high level of initiative and motivation to deliver quality results, have strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to work within a team environment providing value-added, innovative solutions and maintaining strong client relationships.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and global career development opportunities. As an essential contributor to the Program Management team, you would possess the following:Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate the activities of Document Control, including distribution and auditing controlled documents, maintenance of electronic department directories, tracking and reporting on document review progress. Work independently to facilitate group activities
- Process one or more document types through all procedural steps in accordance with well-defined procedures and guidelines. Ensure that pre-established document control requirements (e.g., which document numbering system will be used; how many and which signatures will be required for certain approvals, etc.) are satisfactorily met throughout the duration of the project.
- Manage archival activities for controlled documents and validation files
- Assist with the implementation, management and administration of an electronic document management system(s) (SharePoint, ProjectWise, Unifier, etc.)
- Receive, track, and monitor project documents using standard document management programs to register documents, maintain databases, and produce logs, transmittals, and other reports as required.
- Review and proofread documents for consistency of document format and Program concerns
- Use software to track and manage and control issued and received documents. Assign identification numbers, and various other document tracking numbers
- Perform audits at the completion of project phases and processes to confirm compliance with controlled procedures
- BA/BS in related field
- 4+ year experience in Document Control
- Experience using at least one of the following Program Management Information Systems (PMIS) software: Unifier, Proliance, PM Web, Procore, or eBuilder.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, such as Windows, Excel, Word.
- Experience with program, design and construction document control
What We Offer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Expected to communicate regularly with client, internal customers, and other stakeholders informally, in writing, one-on-one, and in meetings
- The ability to work well in a team-oriented and inclusive Program Management Organization culture.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Positive attitude, good aptitude, and strong initiative will integrate well with our existing group of outstanding and diverse professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately, follow instructions/schedules/timelines and handle multiple priorities.
- Work under minimal supervision
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Administrative Support / SecretarialBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.