United States of America - California, FresnoJob Summary
AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Municipal Infrastructure Manager to supervise and manage the design engineering operations in Central California. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in business development and management with strong client contacts, relationships and engineering experience with Local and Federal clients. An expert "seller/doer" in water resources, drinking water, wastewater and other civil infrastructure design services. This individual will be a creative, highly talented technical leader responsible for the oversight, management and business development of large, complex local, state, and federal projects.
Projects may include developing preliminary design reports, detailed design and contract administration, for water and wastewater treatment facilities, combined sewer overflow facilities, sanitary sewer stations, booster pump stations, transmission and/or distribution mains, water system master plans, hydraulic distribution system modeling, water audits, water quality studies, disinfection, water supply sustainability, water systems design, energy evaluations, water main replacement analysis, water vulnerability and emergency response, Safe Drinking Water Program audits, flood control, drainage, dam, levee, stormwater and other water resources planning and design projects.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, directs, and supervises all operations included in moderately sized projects with moderate risk, complexity, and financial impact.
- Manages and leads all technical, financial, and client satisfaction areas using consistent processes and tools.
- May include management of small teams across business lines, in remote locations and/or management of subcontractors.
- Manages projects on a local to regional basis achieving quality outcomes, financial performance and client satisfaction.
- Successfully develops strategy, prepares proposals, negotiates contracts, and executes project.
- Acts as primary point of contact with client.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- 2+ years of leadership experience
What We Offer
- Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Master's degree in Civil, Environmental, Water Resources Management or Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- 20+ years of proven Business Development and Project Management experience
- Good understanding of the municipal water market, and ability to support marketing efforts in pursuing work
- Experience with Central Valley clients in municipal water design engineering services and construction services
- Experience in presenting projects to local government bodies and committees
- Experience in presenting projects at public information meetings and public involvement.
- Experience with project management requirements and systems
- Experience or interest in business operations and internal finance
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Water / WastewaterBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Bakersfield, CA - 5001 E Commercenter DrClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.