BITS,a CACI Company,offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/We are seeking a passionate Operations and Sustainment Systems Engineers
to help manage a critical new facet of our expanding business within the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). Our NGA customer recognizes the need of formalized support for these critical applications. A geographically distributed team is currently stood up spanning Springfield VA (NCE), Arnold MO (NCW) and Denver CO (Denver Tech Center - DTC). What You'll Get to Do
: As ourTier 2 Operations & Sustainment Systems Engineer
you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide comprehensive technical support to users of a growing catalog of GEOINT Services mission applications and developer tools. Tier 2 O&S systems engineers are notified of issues by Tier 1 support personnel.
- Work closely with mission application engineers to properly diagnose and fixcomplicatedtechnical issues.
- Manage existing cloud systems
- System patching and minor version upgrades
- Perform software deployments, system configuration, system tuning, and system monitoring andtroubleshooting.
- As part of our DevOps methodology, all O&S Engineers work very closely with developers and provide feedback on system performance and user satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
include learning and understanding function and operation of all GEOINT Services applications, and knowledge and understanding of the cloud platforms on which the software is deployed. Tier 2 O&S engineers may also assist with software deployments, system configuration, system tuning, system monitoring and troubleshooting. As part of our DevOps methodology, all O&S Engineers work very closely with developers and provide feedback on system performance and user satisfaction. More About this Role
Beyond the day-to-day requirements of providing excellent customer service to a growing GEOINT Services community, the O&S Engineer should always be looking to improve upon all processes, procedures and technologies directly contributing to tool stability and mission up-time.
Tier 2 O&S Engineers need to have broad technical knowledge, excellent interpersonal skills and a sympathetic disposition when interacting with end users, internal divisions as well as a wide large base of software developers with wide ranging experience levels. You'll Bring these Qualifications:Clearance:
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Typically requires bachelor's degree. In lieu of degree relevant experience may be substituted.
- A minimum of 5 years of work-related experience.
These Qualification Would be Nice to Have:
- Tier 2 O&S Engineers need to have a strong familiarity with a wide range of platform and cloud technologies as-well-as robust system administration skills.
- AWS- EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, Route 53, IAM, CloudFront, CloudWatch, etc
- PaaS - Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, etc
- Linux scripting and maintenance.
- Security hardening.
- Network configuration.
- Familiarity with the CI/CD pipeline
- Continuous Monitoring Solutions - Elastic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Grafana, etc.
- Comptia Security+ or other IAM Level I cert
What We can Offer You
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington & Denver Posts.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.