United States of America - California, Los AngelesJob SummaryAECOM
(NYSE: ACM) has an opportunity for a team-oriented attorney with significant corporate securities and finance experience to join our corporate legal team. As a key member of a collegial, fast-paced corporate legal team, you will primarily focus on ensuring compliance with SEC and NYSE rules and regulations, general corporate governance matters, and advising the corporate finance and tax departments on a wide range of matters. Based in Los Angeles, the primary responsibilities of the Corporate Securities & Finance Counsel will include the following:
- Ensuring compliance with SEC and NYSE rules and regulations, including the '33 and '34 Act (including by advising and preparing necessary materials relating to all public filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, Proxy Statements, 8-Ks, Section 16 filings and Registration Statements)
- Advising on securities law issues, including with regard to corporate insider trading policy and Regulation FD
- Advising on corporate governance matters and maintaining corporate governance documents
- Advising on corporate compensation matters, including with regard to equity and compensation programs
- Monitoring voting guidelines of proxy advisory firms and institutional investors
- Providing oversight (including preparation of applicable documentation) of Rule 10b5-1 trading plans
- Working with finance group, including with regard to credit facilities
- Working with tax group, including with regard to reorganization transactions
- Assisting other members of the legal team and corporate management on a broad range of corporate legal matters as necessary
Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years of demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or educationPreferred Qualifications
The successful candidate must possess a strong work ethic and readiness to take a significant leadership role on designated legal matters.
What We Offer
- At least six years of practical experience working on corporate securities and finance matters. In-house experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, drafting, negotiation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to balance competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Effectively work in a highly confidential environment with the highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
- Graduate of a top-tier, accredited law school.
- Member in good standing with the California Bar.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Legal and ComplianceBusiness Line
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 556639501Posted: 2020-05-21