United States of America - California, Los AngelesJob Summary
The Program/Project Management (PPM) business line specializes in the management of design and construction of community infrastructure facilities for education, healthcare, national governments, sports and leisure, justice, cultural venues, and commercial needs. From concept through completion, we provide necessary technical and administrative services to help our clients meet their program objectives. Our professionals serve as an extension of our clients' staff, protecting their interests as our own, and often working within our clients' offices. As an industry leader in PPM, we oversee activities ranging from planning, coordination, scheduling and cost control, to design, construction and commissioning.
AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Constructability Review Specialist to support an on-site education project located in Los Angeles, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports the Design Manager and Owner Authorized Representative during the preconstruction phase in the following efforts.
- Assists in defining and reviewing the Project Requirement Document scope of work and schedule including interim housing requirements.
- Makes value engineering recommendations at the outset of the design.
- Comments on the design professional's deliverable identifying inconsistencies, ambiguities, conflicts, errors and omissions in the progress plans to reduce RFIs and Change Orders.
- Ensures documents are coordinated between design disciplines.
- Prepares comprehensive constructability review of pre-bid construction documents.
- Coordinates the above efforts with the Design Manager and Owner Authorized Representative in a collaborative way.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree + 6 years of professional experience as a Project Superintendent or Project Manager on a public/educational facility construction and/or large commercial projects with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.Preferred Qualifications
- 15 years full time paid professional experience as a Project Superintendent or Project Manager on a public/educational facility construction and/or large commercial projects with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction value of a single project in excess of $30M with a combined cumulative project value of $400M.
- Proficient in writing RFC's, reviewing submittals and change orders.
- Works quickly, efficiently and confidently.
- Proficiency in computer programs (MS Word, MS Excel, etc.), including Bluebeam.
What We Offer
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Construction ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.