United States of America - Virginia, Arlington - VAJob Summary
AECOM is currently seeking a strong Senior Construction Manager for our Arlington, VA office. The Senior Construction Manager will be directly responsible for monitoring and refining the long range and short-term plans to ensure success on the project. The Consultant Construction Manager will direct and coordinate the day-to-day activities in the field, manage and coordinate the flow of information, control costs, manage and control the schedule, implement and monitor the safety programs, and verify that the completed work is constructed to a quality level consistent with the requirements of the construction documents. The Consultant Construction Manager works directly for the PM supporting the strategic and tactical delivery of the data center project(s).
The Senior Construction Manager role can be summarized to include but not limited to the following:
Additional job duties include but aren't limited to:
- Monitor and refine Company personnel and resources for the project(s)
- Assist with preconstruction efforts
- Monitor and refine all aspects of project from inception
- Prepare and execute Project Executive Planning for all internal teams
- Review trade contracts and bid packages, as well as oversee procurement process
- Oversee performance of project including, project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems
- Maintain relationships with internal Partners, designers and consultants and the GC team
- Attend and lead project meetings, including progress, pre-construction and pre-award
- Review inspection and test data for compliance with specifications and company standards
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with GC and Consultant team
- Set-up QAQC procedures and conduct quality inspections
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment (IFE) through own actions and mentoring others and enforce IFE program on projects
- Responsible for client/project development, resource management, and supervision of construction activities as they relate to contract administration and management of scope, schedule, budget, quality, safety, and change management
- Responsible for overall project performance including job profit and loss for Construction projects.
- Ccoordination and integration of multidiscipline project functions including but not limited to construction, project controls, quality and commercial administration in a manner to meet project operational and business objectives.
- Responsible to establish a culture of safe work performance.
- Actively engaged in developing and managing client relations.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates projects to repair, alter and renovate building structure and installed equipment, and supervise a multi-disciplined construction workforce performing work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Preferred QualificationsWhat We Offer
- BA/BS + 6 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Provides overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, maintains close client interface, and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Position has significant profit/loss responsibility for assigned construction project.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Construction ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 556639508Posted: 2020-05-21