United States of America - Ohio, ClevelandJob Summary
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
AECOM is seeking an experienced mid-level civil/environmental engineer to work in the Cleveland, OH office. This person will sit within our Environmental Business line. The successful candidate will work with an engineering design group focusing on projects involving site/civil design, solid waste management, environmental infrastructure, stormwater management, construction and engineering services, for a variety of clients across the U.S. Responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Senior technical resource may serve as technical advisor for team
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others.
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
- Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
- Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Prepares technical specification sections.
- Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
- Lead the development and serve as a task manager for a variety of site/civil and environmental design projects, including feasibility and site planning, grading, earthwork, drainage design, utility design, permitting, stormwater management, and construction quality assurance coordination
- Assist in coordination of multi-disciplinary engineering teams; including environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation, etc
- Lead the development and application of hydraulic and hydrologic (H&H) modeling and analyses related to a variety of water resource engineering design projects
- Mentor and task manage junior staff in hydraulic and hydrologic modeling
- Complete technical quality reviews
- Prepare and review engineering calculations and develop high-quality technical reports, design drawings and specifications
- Independently develop solutions for technical problems
- Be able to serve as a task manager on larger projects, or as an assistant project manager on smaller projects
- Work under the supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- Mentor less experienced engineers and assist in the training of new design staff
- Travel to project sites as needed to attend client meetings or provide short-term construction oversight
- Communicate directly with clients as needed to assist in project coordination
- Develop construction cost estimates and assist in the development of proposals for new engineering work
- BA/BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET accredited university + 6 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
What We Offer
- Professional Engineer license in the State of Ohio and/or other states with the ability to obtain an Ohio license within 6 months
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Master's degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's License
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge in developing site/civil plans and drawings, including advanced experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D: Create Civil 3D surfaces & grading; process and evaluate raw survey data; create alignments, profiles, sections, and pipe networks
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
- Willingness to travel (20%)
- Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn, with a desire to work in a dynamic and fast pace deadline driven environment
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients and coordinate among multi-disciplinary design teams
- Demonstrate the ability to develop technical and design documents following client and local and/or federal code requirements
- Demonstrate experience in stormwater management and hydraulic and hydrologic modeling using HydroCAD, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, or similar programs
- Demonstrate experience in solid waste management, including design
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.