United States of America - Texas, AustinJob Summary
AECOM - Hunt is hiring a Safety, Health & Environmental Manager to work on the University of Texas Arena and practice facility in Austin, TX. This is a great opportunity to become part of the growing Hunt Construction Management Group!
- Under limited supervision, responsible for moderately complex technical work in a wide range of environmental, safety and health disciplines to achieve compliance with ES&H standards along with federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of specific government agency requirements.
- Exhibits knowledge and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of their environmental specialty.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions.
- Develops, implements and maintains safety and health programs, systems and procedures. Monitors and prevents hazards and diseases in the work area.
- Investigates accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards in the workplace.
- Recommends improvements in processes, design, procedures and operating equipment to minimize hazards.
- Develops and conducts employee training, emergency preparedness and assures the quality of programs.
- Provides regulatory interpretation and technical advice.
- May act as a lead role for a team of ES&H specialists and/or support personnel.
- May administer an ES&H program on a medium or large sized project.
- BA/BS + 4 years of relevant experience or AA/AS (US) + 6 years of relevant experience or Diploma/Certificate (Canada) + 6 years of relevant experience or HS/GED + 8 years of relevant experience.
- Career Experience:
- BA/BS in safety related discipline must have at least two (2) of the required four (4) years as field experience.
- AA/AS in safety related discipline must have at least four (4) of the required 6 years as field experience.
- Non-degreed candidates must have at least seven (7) of the required eight (8) years dedicated solely to building construction safety with at least five (5) years of construction safety management experience.
- OSHA 500 or 502 Certification.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certification within the last two (2) years.
- Documented Continuing Education - must have a minimum of four (4) hours within last five (5) years in the following:
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space
- Crane/Equipment Operations
- Incident Investigation
What We Offer
- CSHO or CHST certification.
- Understanding of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local and company regulations.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Safety / HealthBusiness Line
Construction ServicesBusiness Group
Construction Services Group (CS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 556639519Posted: 2020-05-21