United States of America - California, San FranciscoJob Summary
AECOM is seeking a Civil Engineer to work within our Aviation Business Line, responsible for engineering design, and other engineering assignments. This position will be based out of either our San Francisco
or San Jose
offices, with the ability to work at our client's sites as needed.
Performs project assignment as an office engineer as an extension of client staff team to review, log, track, process and distribute contractor's submittals including RFI's, RFC's, design submittals, shop drawings, product data, and work plans for the construction of Aviation Terminals, runways, facility upgrades and construction work.
- Serves as a capable professional within specific domains of the field.
- Under general direction, prepares and modifies designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings and working drawings.
- Independently develops alternate technical solutions and design options in support of project team, e.g. white paper research, code review and wide range of difficult problems.
- Develops and/or implements the results of reports, opinions, or recommendations to address design challenges/opportunities.
- Leads the development and implementation of the design ideas and solutions.
- Responsible for communication and collaboration with full design team and client.
- Oversees and coordinates the technical work for projects consistent with experience.
- Understands the marketing of professional services.
- Develops and leads technical approach and criteria for a design element and coordinates complex work.
- Ensures compliance to Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Employee works with clients as well as the internal and external project team to execute the project from concept to execution and completion.
- Bachelors degree plus 4 Years of relevant experience or Associates Degree plus 6 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma plus 8 years of relevant experience.
What We Offer
- Licensed Professional Engineer in California or the ability to obtain license within 2 years
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of ICAO and FAA regulations
- Proven experience in the civil or aviation industry
- Experience coordination designs on-site including AutoCAD, Civil3D, BIM and Revit
- Able to write specs and design
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - San Jose, CA - 100 W San Fernando StreetClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.