POSITION SUMMARY: This employee is responsible for coordinating Center activities. The Administrative Manager performs the responsible supervisory and professional administrative work in directing and coordinating all unit activity in conjunction with Unit Nurses. The individual must have advanced administrative ability and supervisory experience. The work requires behavioral and conceptual skills, ability to motivate others, and role clarity. The Administrative Manager is adaptable, flexible and creative, exercising good judgment in problem solving and unusual occurrences. The work is carried out according to the standards of Center policies, rules and regulations, and state and federal regulations.
1. Verifies daily staffing and calls in replacement staff as necessary.
2. Collaborates with charge nurses daily to exchange information regarding resident concerns (e.g., admissions, discharges, transfers, communicates interdepartmental concerns);
3. Makes environmental rounds to assess facility needs;
4. Continually rounds the Center to evaluate needs and resolve issues;
5. Assists in assuring a safe and sanitary environment for residents, employees, and visitors;
6. Assures that the building is secure during the evening and night hours by checking doors and alarms according to Center protocol;
7. Greets visitors to the units, greets new admissions and initiates the process of admission on the unit;
8. Places calls, answers telephones, directs calls, takes messages, faxes as required;
9. Delivers faxes to proper departments;
10. Schedules appointments and arranges transportation on residents' behalf as it relates to continued medical care;
11. Prepares discharge charts for medical records;
12. Performs chart audits and reports deficiencies to Unit Manager (as educated, trained);
13. Completes daily staffing sheets, and follows Center policy in communicating to appropriate departments; Assists in the Labor Management process of the center.
14. Participates in Center committees and PI programs as assigned;
15. Attempts to resolve resident concerns upon receipt. If unable to resolve, reports to Center Administrator and/or licensed staff as appropriate;
16. Determines that proper procedures are employed in the absence of administrative staff to assure a safe work place and living environment for staff, residents, and visitors;
17. Puts customer service first: Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
18. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. A college degree with business school course work is preferred 2. Minimum of four years supervisory experience. 3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.
Position Type: Part Time
Req ID: 343683
Center Name: Ballenger Creek Center
Posting ID: 556639852Posted: 2020-05-21