Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.POSITION SUMMARY: Maintenance Storeroom Attendant coordinates activities with operations and maintenance to ensure operating supplies are maintained. S/he will issue parts timely and assist with cycle counting programs, along with receiving in daily ordersDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- Coordinates activities with operations and maintenance to ensure adequate operating supplies are maintained in the stockroom.
- Issues parts on a timely basis.
- Receiving in of parts on daily.
- Makes recommendations on stock levels, Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) and identifies potential problems areas.
- Assists in cycle counting program and other on-going continuous improvement objectives.
- Ensures procurement documentation and records are properly kept and updated on a timely basis.
- Interfaces with all departments to ensure timely requisitioning, approval, purchase and delivery as well as storage of spare parts and all consumable products.
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance system (SAP) for history and parts inventory.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures. Ensures company safety procedures are followed by all team members to prevent injury or accidents on the job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent
- Previous inventory experience desired.
- Detail Oriented.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos written in English.
- Must have professional and effective English written and verbal communication skills as this position must communicate at times with outside vendors and internal maintenance storeroom customers.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to read and interpret various forms of documents and translate the data into a computerized inventory control system.
- Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP is a plus.
- High level of organizational ability and attention to detail is required in order to process received goods properly and store those items in their proper location.
- Successful candidate will be required to become certified on forklift and pallet jacks.
- Good customer service skills working with both the internal/external customers of the company.
- Ability to drive a forklift.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
Posting ID: 556640434Posted: 2020-05-21