Business Analyst IV
Business Analyst IV, Compliance and Quality Control Division (CQC). The position reports to the Deputy Executive Commissioner of CQC. The successful candidate performs highly advanced (senior-level) business analysis work. Work involves acting as the technology system expert to assist users with data questions by performing data analysis and research; assessing and reviewing user requirements to automate or improve use of technology systems such as CAPPS Financials 9.2 (CAPPS), System of Contract Operation and Reporting (SCOR), and other systems as applicable; analyzing processes and procedures to determine the level of compatibility and integration with CAPPS, SCOR, and other technology systems; developing proposals for improving technology system performance in support of business operations; participate, manage, and/or oversee projects related to relevant technology system development or enhancement.
May assign and/or supervise the work of others. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Job Functions:
Provides senior level analysis of complex financial and administrative data, agency business processes, and user requirements for the Health and Human Services CQC division. Based on requirements, processes, and data analysis, develops proposals that improve CQC's oversight of procurement and contract management functions. (40%)
Acts as the liaison between CQC, IT, and other administrative and programmatic divisions in developing and implementing new systems or system enhancements that support CQC's oversight of agency procurement and contract management functions. Evaluates and proposes changes to business processes, application functionality, and reporting capabilities. (40%)
Participate, lead, and/or oversee workgroups and special projects that enhance processes, technology systems, and data that support CQC's oversight of procurement and contract management functions at HHS. Identifies relevant stakeholders, considers risk and impact of the project or workgroup, monitors progress of the workgroup or project, analyzes complex deliverables related to technology systems and data, reviews design documentation, and provides technical assistance. (20%)
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Considerable experience in complex financial systems and contract operations systems preferred. ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system experience is a plus; PeopleSoft experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of databases such as Oracle, Access, or SQL Server
• Knowledge of project management principles and practices
• Financial and business operations data and process knowledge a plus
• Knowledge of work simplification methods
• Extensive skill in coordinating and solving problems; and, in analyzing and evaluating complex data, policies, and issues required
• Skill in managing user expectations and satisfaction.
• Skill in communicating complex technical information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to diverse audiences
• Ability to work using independent judgment and self-directing
• Ability to think strategically, focusing on business value results that utilize automated solutions
• Ability to work with and on teams to support critical business functions using negotiation and facilitation skills
• Ability to work with management and external and internal customers
• Ability to convey business requirements and support business application solutions
• Ability to address issues/concerns in a professional manner
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions
• Ability to perform detailed work accurately and in accordance with standards
• Ability to meet deadlines and work on projects with changing priorities
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
Experience in business analysis work. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, computer science, management information systems, or a related field is generally preferred. Progressively responsible experience in the areas of business analysis, information technology, financial operations, contracting operations, and system analysis preferred.
Experience supporting business functions and their interactions with complex IT systems, financial systems, contract operations systems preferred.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.