Zachry Industrial Inc. is seekinghelpers for anupcoming outage at the EdwardsportStation Power Plant located in Edwardsport, IN.This position
Has knowledge of typical craft functions, and has the ability to listen and understand information and direction from craftsmen and supervision.Can be trained to be competent in fire watch and hole watch and exhibits safe work practices. Position requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable. Position requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing detail.Position Responsibilities:
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Primary responsibility will be operating elevators.
- Assists any combination of duties within a craft, transferring from one task to another as directed.
- Assist journeyman to detects minor to major problems with machines and equipment in a Coal powered plant
- Follows direction from supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Must have steel toe leather work boots
- Must be able to work in confined space and at elevated heights.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs accessing work platforms.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be clean shaven
- Meet all physical demands and pre-employment conditions,which includes being able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must meetthe criteria of a criminal background check and submitting to a drug screen.
- May be required to wear a respirator.
- May be required to work some over time which may include weekends and night shift work.
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Former Zachry employee
- Reporting to this position:No direct reports
Zachryis dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free environment and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Physical demands:Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Will occasionallywork at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
- Work environment:Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot - cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.
Posting ID: 556640754Posted: 2020-05-21