Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer who can participate in the entire spectrum of tasks associated with Automation and execution for Supply Chain, Merchandising and Retail applications. This position is in Pleasanton, California. You will wear multiple hats, and will work with a team of Software Engineers, Software Architects and program management. You are hands on and will build an automated test suite using Selenium, TestNG, Extent Reports, SOAP UI, Maven, Eggplant, Python, Visual Basic, Shell Scripting and other automation tools. You have solid verbal and written communication skills and can work with geographically located team members. You have a passion for automation and deeply care about quality and testing efficiencies. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enable and lead practice improvements through test automation.
- Build automation framework that scales and caters to functional and operational needs.
- Engage in complex projects to identify testing optimization by levering proper tools and technology.
- Continuously improve capability and refine feature sets of existing automation framework.
- Implement holistic functional and test automation strategies to maximize test coverage and productivity while tightening test cycle time.
- Guide the geographically located test automation engineers on the project(s)
- Responsible for manual and automated test execution as needed
- Implement cost-effective solutions, best practices, standards and guidelines for automating tests.
- Optimize product quality by participating in architectural and technical design sessions.
- Recommend, apply, manage and support effectual test automation technologies, tools and techniques.
- Drive process improvement, innovation and automation.
- Act as technical QA liaison to IT and Business groups.
How to Apply:
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 7+ years of automation experience including strong familiarity with multiple test automation frameworks, processes and technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in leading, managing, and performing test automation for complex integrations and interdependent applications.
- Significant experience in automating tests for Web, Mainframe, .Net, POS and ERP applications
- Experience in automating tests using Eggplant tool is desired
- Ability to test Applications with Real Time Messaging based integrations is highly preferred
- Both front end and back end systems testing experience is a must
- Must have strong automation experience with Selenium, TestNG, Extent Reports, SOAP UI, Maven, Eggplant, Python, Visual Basic, Shell Scripting, Java and other automation tools along with CI/CD expertise
- Must have experience in testing, version control and CI/CD tools like Zephyr/JIRA, HP ALM, GIT, Jenkins etc.
- Knowledgeable of test Automation best practices, technologies, tools, techniques and metrics
- Experienced with fast-paced software development lifecycle using Waterfall, Agile and hybrid methodologies on proprietary and/or packaged software
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong ability to mentor, coach and train junior test engineers
- Strong ability to recognize opportunities and translate to actionable items.
- Passion for service excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Strong collaborator with excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a highly matrixed organization.
- Passion for elevating quality through technology, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Accomplished leader, motivator and an enabler of change.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER