Assertive Community Treatment (ACT / FACT) Teams are composed of professionals including psychiatrists, nurses, mental health professionals, substance abuse professionals, employment specialists, housing specialists, and a peer specialist, all of whom collaborate to provide complete services including therapy, medication management and resource linkage to adult individuals with serious mental illness (SMI). Services are provided in the individual's home or the community and include at least three home visits a week. Responsibilities:
- To act as the Psychiatrist for prescribed clients.
- Supervise the treatment team in numerous areas.
- Conduct psychiatric assessments including psychiatric history, course of illness, response to treatment, mental status examination, and DSM V diagnoses and present assessment results at team meetings and treatment plan meetings.
- Perform individual, group, and family supportive therapy, as well as psychotherapy and illness education as needed.
- Prescribe psychotropic medications and conduct regular assessments of therapeutic responses and side effects and educate clients regarding psychotropic medications.
- Collaborate with Registered Nurses in assessment of client physical health, making appropriate referrals to community physicians for further assessment and treatment.
- Provide ongoing support along with the rest of the ACT / FACT team as well as counseling and education to team members and family members of clients to help them become more knowledgeable about mental illness
- Provide crisis assessment and management of consumers during regular work hours, both on and off site over the phone, during other hours, and as on call back up to the first line of on call staff
- Board eligible or board certified Psychiatrist in the State of LA
- Experience providing treatment to persons with severe and persistent mental illness
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Act 33 and 44 clearances are required
Posting ID: 556640883Posted: 2020-05-21