Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a DevOps Technical Lead. This position is located in Pleasanton, California. Position Purpose
Albertsons Companies is looking for an experienced DevOps Technical Lead to join our Platform Services team. This position will be reporting into our Enterprise Architecture and platform services group. This individual will work across all IT Portfolio's to evaluate, recommend, and enable technologies, tools and develop Frameworks, drive adoption across the company. Key to this position are critical thinking, technology awareness, Market research, Open source mindset and communication to influence Technology direction with development teams. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, architect, design, develop, execute, deliver, and maintain CI/CD pipeline, tools, operations on cloud and on-prem.
- Provide guidance to DevOps team on developing solutions that integrate with existing IT systems to satisfy business needs
- Provide overall project technical leadership; accountability of all technical efforts across different geographical locations (onshore/offshore/nearshore).
- Provide technical guidelines and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations best practices.
- Evangelize a DevOps culture of automation, self-service, and engineering best practices to enable development teams to go from development to production with a minimum effort.
- Ensure accessibility, security, reliability, availability, and performance of infrastructure.
- Administer tools and processes to build, test, deploy, and monitor software.
- Being the last line of support of services and applications in production.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience leading DevOps team that use agile methodologies to design and develop CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience managing people & tasks across multiple simultaneous projects with aggressive timelines.
- Proven experience in team building, collaboration, coaching, and mentoring.
- Minimum 3+ years of comprehensive experience with Azure including a solid understanding of CI/CD pipeline, Jenkins, Maven, Spring Boot applications.
- 12+ years of strong and proven experience in DevOps, Automation and/or Software development lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, and HTTP.
- Experience with unit and UI testing frameworks, such as Selenium, Junit, or TestNG
- Proficiency in shell scripting and Python highly desirable.
- Deep troubleshooting skills that involves analysis of logs, traffic trace, configuration data, automation tools to resolve issues until end-to-end systems are functioning.
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools such as Chef, Terraform, or Puppet in production environments with many nodes, and understanding of Linux and Windows Platforms.
- Experience deploying to and orchestrating containers in production environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with restful services, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, cloud system (Azure) and API Management.
- Knowledgeable about security, networking, and RDBMS/Database technologies (Postgres, MySQL, Redis).
- Strong mission to put pro-active solutions in place to prevent future problems and automate processes so that engineers can self-service their operational requirements.
- Passion of Open source technologies, developing common libraries to be used by developer community.
- Strong experience in developing Platform components and help development teams to build consistent applications.
- Required ability to work across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack.
- A strong motivation for self-directed learning when called for to take on challenges to provide solutions in fast faced environment in areas API management, Microservices, DevOps and Common Frameworks.
- In depth knowledge on developing frameworks, common services in collaboration with development community.
- Ability to work in Agile environment.
- Development experience in designing/implementing large scale, distributed systems in production class software on public cloud platforms such as Azure and GCP.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER