Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Lead DevOps Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This position is responsible for a combination of infrastructure and software engineering skills. Because SRE treats operations as if it is a software problem, our platform engineers must code.
- The role of the Lead DevOps is a collaborative role where he assists junior DevOps teams in the navigation of technologies such as Python, Ruby, Scala, MySQL, MongoDB and so forth. The Lead DevOps Engineer also coaches the engineering development department personnel in the workings of reusable tools and patterns, for example, reusable code.
- You will get the chance to collaborate with other expert engineers to continue finding new areas that can be improved by bringing a DevOps mindset to all the areas we manage. You will also get the chance to further your skills in adjacent areas by serving as an escalation point for builds, implementations, and support issues for other teams.
- This is a great opportunity to build your skills in both depth and breadth in a highly technical, fast-paced environment while working with a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies.
- The infrastructure architect who codes: Very experienced in IaaS primitives this person usually has experience in production operations and naturally automates repetitive tasks
- You'll often find this person doing continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) work, automating your current release management processes or doing system automation
- You'll find this person in an application product team which has previously solved its own platform needs by going down the stack to automate infrastructure
How to Apply:
- 3+ years in technically leading a team of engineers.
- Demonstrate experience in scaling distributed data systems, for example, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, among others.
- 7+ years Strong software development experience in developing software with object-oriented languages like Java, C++, .Net and/or Ruby.
- 3+ years of strong experience in building and managing infrastructure on public clouds.
- 3+ years with one of the Major public cloud providers like Azure Cloud, AWS, or Google.
- Experience with pivotal cloud foundry is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in managing noSQL databases like mongodb and Cassandra is preferred.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Experience with different relational and NoSQL databases is preferred.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies.
- Experience with automation and/or scripting languages like PowerShell, Perl, Chef, Ansible, Puppet is required.
- Knowledge about Restful APIs.
- Cross-functional infrastructure experience with Systems, Storage and Networking.
- Knowledge of the operating models for private cloud, IaaS, and PaaS technologies.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuos delivery.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- A commitment to best practices on operational processes for DevOps.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posting ID: 556640922Posted: 2020-05-21