We are currently seeking a Residential Aide
to join our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services (IDD) division in Philadelphia, PA. POSITION OVERVIEW
ABOUT OUR IDD DIVISION
- Work involves providing individualized care, activities of daily living, including proper maintenance of living area, and guiding residents in leisure activities, work and day programming.
- Work also entails all chores necessary to maintain as normal a living environment as possible, i.e., laundry and housekeeping.
- Work is performed in accordance with appropriate procedures under the supervision of the House Manager who reviews results through living area observation of activities in progress, residents' responsiveness, inspection of living area, reports and periodic meetings.
- Staff will be required to follow a designated shift routine and assignments as outlined by the House Manager.
Merakey supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the enhancement of their abilities and interests. Services are aimed at partnering with individuals as they become self-sufficient and live everyday lives. Merakey focuses on helping individuals find meaningful roles in their community and to feel valued as community members. Individuals are always at the core of the planning and implementation of services.Community-Based Services
- Adult Training Facility
- Behavior Support Services
- Early Intervention Case Management
- Employment (Transitional, Supported, Competitive)
- In-home Support
- Non-traditional Community Day Services/Home and Community Habilitation
- Supports Coordination
- Community Living/Group Homes
- Family/Shared Living
- Intermediate Care Facility
- Respite Care
- Specialized Residential (medically fragile, dementia, autism, dual diagnosis, problematic sexual behavior)
- Supported Living
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-idd.html APPLY TODAY
Requisition Number: 53671 Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A verifiable High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Some Direct Care experience is desired.
Posting ID: 556640926Posted: 2020-05-21